Position: Church Custodian
Posted: Spring 2022
Working under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Custodian works with the Board of Property to ensure a safe, clean and welcoming environment for all who visit this church.
The Custodian will consider the position a ministry and represent New Life Lutheran Church as welcoming, inclusive, and a Jesus centered place of healing and hope.
• Basic knowledge of cleaning methods and products.
• Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated.
• Must have regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours.
• Possess excellent communication skills and a strong team player with the staff of New Life Lutheran Church.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Two years of prior experience in building maintenance, preferably in a church or similar setting preferred.
• Prior maintenance experience preferred. References also desirable.
• Good organizational and planning skills, and an ability to delegate and communicate openly with staff and volunteers as needed.
• Good knowledge of basic mechanical functions of New Life Lutheran Church equipment.
• Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule cleaning tasks for maximum efficiency.
This is an hourly position of $12-$15/hour, with an average of 10-12 hours per week to perform the required duties as outlined below. A flexible schedule is available.
General Job Description:
• Clean and maintains building facilities with special emphasis for weekend worship.
• Perform the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings and events.
• Assists with office equipment moves and meeting set-ups as needed.
• Ability and mechanical understanding of the following machines, tools, and other special equipment used to perform job duties: Hand and small power tools, ladder, vacuum, floor buffer, cleaning & polishing chemicals.
• Knowledge of HAZMAT regulations required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Custodian performs general weekly, monthly and seasonal cleaning, maintenance and repair of church building, grounds and property. This 10-12 hour/week position is currently open for interviews. Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Nate
New Life Lutheran Church
4380 Wakonda Drive
Norwalk, IA 50211
Position: Nursery Attendant Spring 2022
Working under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Nursery Attendant works with the Family Ministry Coordinator and the Board of Education to ensure a safe, clean and welcoming environment for all who visit this church.
The Nursery Attendant will consider the position a ministry and represent New Life Lutheran Church as welcoming, inclusive, and a Jesus centered place of healing and hope.
The church nursery is offered during the 10:30 (9:30 during the summer)
time of worship for children ages 5 and younger. It is staffed by an adult church member and a high school student that is paid by a scholarship stipend.
Summer: June-July ($200)
Fall: August-December ($400)
General Job Description: