Employment Opportunity - posted 2.18.22
Director of Mission Life
Position: Director of Mission Life
Working under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Director of Mission Life will engage and connect the members and friends of New Life Lutheran Church to live out the church’s mission: to Grow in Faith and Make Christ Known. The mission priorities of the congregation are to connect more deeply to God and one another, and to make Christ Known through tangible service in our community and beyond.
The Director of Mission Life will focus on creating initiatives and relationships that further these priorities. The Director of Mission Life is a minister who will foster initiatives and facilitate the nurturing and equipping of the congregation through relationships. The successful candidate will ignite a culture of service and connection among the members and friends of New Life.
This is a two-year term salaried position based upon an average of 15-20 hours per week to perform the required duties as outlined below. Regular attendance and participation during Sunday worship is expected. Flexible hours to complete responsibilities will be made available to complete responsibilities for the successful candidate. Concessions will be made for vacation time.
As a part-time position, no additional benefits are currently available.
Mileage reimbursement is available at current IRS rates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) An adult teaching experience.
2) A care ministry program that equips lay members to make
house and hospital calls as directed by the supervising
3) A small group ministry gathered around studies of various
4) Actively match people (including new members) with ways
they can serve and connect with one another.
5) Make home visits as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to relate to and connect easily with a variety of members and friends of New Life. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with varying abilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum
• Degree in ministry related field.
• Experience in congregational ministry.
• Experience in service learning ministries.
• Competent In leading worship for a mid-size congregation.
• Both contemporary & traditional forms of worship leadership
• Connections to other local service and service organizations
• Must complete a felony statement/and full background check.
• Seminary degree.
• Rostered leader of the ELCA.
• Experience in ELCA ministries and knowledge of ELCA ministries.
• Extensive preaching experience.
• Experience working in a multiple staff management
• Understanding of ministry systems.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Detail oriented.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers.
• Excellent team based leadership skills.
• Ability to work in & contribute to the overall team environment. • Good interpersonal, problem solving, and planning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Applicants may send a cover letter and resume to:
New Life Lutheran Church
4380 Wakonda Drive
Norwalk, IA 50211